Recipe by my3beachbabes
From the June/July 07 issue of Rachel Ray's magazine. Keeping it here for safe keeping.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 lb fresh cherries, halved, plus
- 10 whole fresh cherries, for garnishing
- 1 pint blackberries or 1 pint blueberries or 1 pint raspberries
- 6 ounces milk chocolate or 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 20 sugar ice cream cones
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and the lemon peel. Mix well and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, toss the halved cherries and mixed berries with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Refrigerate.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high, 20 to 30 seconds at a time, until the chocolate just starts to melt. Stir until smooth. Using a pastry brush, paint the inside of the cones with the melted chocolate. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens about 15 minutes.
- To serve, stand the sugar cones in narrow glasses. Place a dollop of the sour cream mixture in each cone, then fill with mixed berries. Top with another dollop of sour cream and garnish with a whole cherry.