Recipe by Chef Dine
My mom used to make this when I was growing up. I used to ask for it for my birthday dinner and take leftovers to lunch with me the next day.
- 2 loaves rhodes bake-n-serve frozen white bread (Dough)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For dough: Remove dough from package. Place in greased bowl or container about 6 hours prior to prep time to thaw.
- For filling:.
- Brown beef and onions. Drain.
- Add cabbage and seasonings to beef and saute until tender.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and simmer 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 small dough balls.
- Take one dough ball and roll out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Place a generous 1/2 cup of mixture down the center of the rolled out dough.
- Fold over and pinch edges to seal, use fork to press around sealed edges.
- Place each pasty onto a nonstick cookie sheet and bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.