Recipe by Rita~
Rösti often spelled Röschti in Switzerland according to the Swiss German consisting mainly of potatoes, similar to hash browns Many Swiss people consider rösti a national breakfast dish. It is more commonly served to accompany other dishes such as Cervelas or Fleischkäse. The basic Rösti consists of nothing but potato, Berner has added bacon.
Top Review by Wendelina
Very delicious recipe. I fried the potatoes in the bacon drippings and it was delicious. Threw a little swiss cheese over the top for some added zest. Delicious! Thanks Rita! ZWT 7.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs parboiled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lard or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the parboiled potatoes, grate into thin strips and mix with the salt.
- Heat the butter and lard (or all butter) in a non stick frying pan. Add the diced bacon and potato and fry gently, stirring frequently.
- Bring together into a cake and cover with an upside-down plate. Fry over gentle heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour the milk over the top and fry, covered, for about another 10 minutes. Tip out onto the plate and serve .