Healthy fruit, nut & cereal bars...these are really more-ish & good for you as well !!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 Weetabix, crushed up
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (cashews ,brazils, hazelnuts, walnuts, any combination )
- 1 cup rice bubbles (Rice Crispies )
- 1 cup LSA (ground linseed, sesame seed & almond mix )
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup craisins (dried sweetened cranberries )
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1Grease & line a 15"x10" lamington/slice tin- let the paper overhang the edges, it makes it easier to get out of the pan without breaking.
- 2Put the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
- 3Put the next 4 ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently until melted, stir well until blended then boil for a minute.
- 4Add the hot liquid to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is coated then tip into lined tin, spread evenly & press down very firmly smoothing the topas you press.
- 5Refrigerate until firm enough to cut into 22 bars. ( i usually freeze it for 1/2 an hour & then tip it out onto a board, mark it up & then cut, so that I don't damage the tin.
- 6Prep time is weighing/measuring time.
- 7Cooking time is cooling/freezing time.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berna's Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: