Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy fruit, nut & cereal bars...these are really more-ish & good for you as well !!!!!
- 3 Weetabix, crushed up
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts (cashews ,brazils, hazelnuts, walnuts, any combination )
- 1 cup rice bubbles (Rice Crispies )
- 1 cup LSA (ground linseed, sesame seed & almond mix )
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (dried sweetened cranberries )
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped roughly
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk powder
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup soft brown sugar
- Grease & line a 15"x10" lamington/slice tin- let the paper overhang the edges, it makes it easier to get out of the pan without breaking.
- Put the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
- Put the next 4 ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently until melted, stir well until blended then boil for a minute.
- Add the hot liquid to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is coated then tip into lined tin, spread evenly & press down very firmly smoothing the topas you press.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to cut into 22 bars. ( i usually freeze it for 1/2 an hour & then tip it out onto a board, mark it up & then cut, so that I don't damage the tin.
- Prep time is weighing/measuring time.
- Cooking time is cooling/freezing time.