Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Bermuda twist on traditional mac & cheese
Make and share this Bermuda Macaroni & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g cooked macaroni, al dente
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- Saute vegetables and herbs in a small amount of oil until vegetables are soft and fragrant. Add remaining ingredients except the reserved cheddar cheese. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in cooked macaroni. Pour into an oven proof dish. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top. Bake 350 degrees 30 - 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- This dish can be made in advanced and refrigerated before baking.
- Cream of celery soup may be used instead of mushroom soup.