Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you're making a sandwich, cut the fillets into 1 1/2 inch strips before seasoning.
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets, portion sized
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon lawrys season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon powdered fish stock or 1 tablespoon fish seasoning
- oil (for frying)
- Prepare the fillets according to their use (i.e. whole or cut into strips).
- In a bowl combine all the seasonings and flour and mix well.
- Add the fish, toss to coat well. Shake off the excess and transfer fillets to a frying pan with hot oil for shallow frying.
- Allow about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to paper towel, drain, and serve.
- *Don't forget your tartar sauce!