Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
I believe I obtained this recipe when I went on a cruise to Bermuda many years ago. A wonderful blend of seafood and spices creates a meal in itself! Serve with a loaf of warm, crusty bread and Sherry Pepper Sauce to sprinkle on top as is the tradition in Bermuda. If you can not find red snapper, try salmon or halibut.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups clam juice
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb red snapper fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrots, onion, green pepper, and garlic; saute about 8 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, and cook 1 minute.
- Add clam juice, potatoes, canned tomatoes with juice, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno pepper, bay leaf, and ground black pepper. Simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring about every 30 minutes.
- Add fish. Simmer until snapper is easily flaked with fork, about 10 minutes.