Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great and super simple dessert. Serve with my Vanillasauce Vanilla Sauce for a truely authentic taste.
- 36 ounces frozen mixed berries, thawed reserving juice (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, red currant, cherries etc.)
- 2 cups 100% fruit juice, preferrably cherry, including the reserved juice plus
- 4 tablespoons 100% fruit juice, preferrably cherry
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mix together cornstarch and 4 tbsp of the juice and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the juice into a saucepan, stir in sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in cornstarch, return to heat and bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat, stir in more sugar if needed and carefully stir in berries.
- Cool before storing in refrigerator.
- Serve with vanilla sauce.