Prep 3 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Just lovely with your afternoon tea. From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 4 egg yolks, hardboiled (yolks only)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter, no substitutions
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Rub cooked egg yolks through a sieve and beat well with uncooked egg yolks.
- Cream butter, sugar and salt; add to egg yolks.
- Add flour alternatively with cream.
- Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Shape with a cookie press or roll out into sheets about 1/8 inch thick and cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Brush top with egg white and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, taking care not to scorch.