Recipe by kiwidutch
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006, German Challenge. Number of servings is unknown... I guess it depends on how heaped your teaspoonfuls are LOL. Time is also a guesstimate, but includes refridgerator time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange rind (grated)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- candied green cherries
- candied red cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400 F (200 C).
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add in the first lot of eggs and the orange rind, mixing well.
- Stir in the flour and refridgerate the dough mixture for about 1 hour.
- Take a small spoonful of the dough and roll it out into a rope, "tying"the rope loosely (like a pretzel).
- Brush with the beaten egg white and decorate with the candied cherries.
- Bake at 400 F ( 200 C) until just set, but not browned.