My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, finely grated
- 3/4 cup currants
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup pistachios or 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 c.). Grease an 8 cup fluted ring mold; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift together flour and baking powder.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture and milk, alternately, to butter mixture. Stir in vanilla, lemon peel and currants.
- 5Batter should hold its shape when mixed, but should be moist enough to drop slowly off a wooden spoon.
- 6Pour batter into greased mold.
- 7Bake 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool 5 to 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan on a cooling rack.
- 9Spoon melted chocolate over warm cake, coating completely.
- 10Sprinkle nuts over cake. Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berlin Chocolate Ring
Serving Size: 1 (1784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5591.0
- Calories from Fat 2190
- Total Fat 243.3 g
- Saturated Fat 131.0 g
- Cholesterol 1359.6 mg
- Sodium 3150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 766.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.8 g
- Sugars 281.2 g
- Protein 97.9 g