1 hr 54 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour II, 2006. German Challenge. This recipe takes more than 12 hours...becuase the yeast needs to rise overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The evening before you want to make these, prepare the dough, mix the yeast into 1/3 of the milk and add 50g flour.
- 2Cover and leave in a warm place until mixture has doubled it's volume.
- 3Mix the rest of the flour and milk in a large bowl.
- 4Whisk eggs until they are warm, in a bowl over a pan of boiling water
- 5Add the melted butter to your mix.
- 6Take half of this mixture and add it to the flour and mix well.
- 7Add other half of the mixture and work for at least 10 minutes, until very light.
- 8Add the dough to the mixture and work for 10 more minutes.
- 9Mix in half of the blanched almonds, raisins, orange zest and spices.
- 10Cover bowl with a dry cloth and leave to rise overnight.
- 11The following day, grease cake tin, sprinkle with remaining almonds, spoon in mixture until 3/4 full.
- 12Leave to rise for a further hour and cook in preheated oven at 325°F (160°C).
- 13Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berlin Brioche
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 517.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g