Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have tried dozens of pizza crust recipes, and this one stands out as the very best as far as taste, and ease of preparation. I usually make about a dozen and freeze as necessary to always have them on hand when needed (which is often).
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine in the order given by the manufacturer (liquids first, followed by drys, and finally yeast).
- Process on the "dough" cycle for 1 1/2 hours then turn out onto a floured surface.
- Divide into (2) equal sized dough balls. Knead each ball in your hands for a few minutes, then set under a towel for 15-20 minutes to rest.
- Stretch or roll each dough ball seperately into a 14-inch circle, and prebake on a lightly oiled pizza pan, or cornmeal dusted pizza stone for approximately 5 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Refrigerate crusts up to a week. Freeze for even longer if necessary.
Great crust! I did the prebake on the pizza stone for both crusts and froze one of them. The other I filled with sauce, cheese, pepperoni and sausage and baked it at 425 for about 14 minutes. Dee-licious! Thanks!
DH rolled the dough and he told me it was very easy to work with. And the crust was perfect, great taste. Thanks FinFan :) Made for Holiday tag
This was so good, and very easy to do. The taste was delicious and was simple for a beginner at making their own pizza dough like me! This made enough for two pizzas so I froze one for later. We eat pizza at least once a week and this is now our recipe! Thanks for a great recipe!