Recipe by Charmed
These is my favorite recipe for apple fritters. I got it from the Berk's County website. I don't think they need maple syrup...I think it's perfect just dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon, and that's exactly how I serve them. Never had a complaint yet.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 cups sliced peeled apples
- oil or shortening (for frying)
- cinnamon, for dusting
- powdered sugar, for dusting (my preference is 2 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the apples and toss well with the lemon juice; set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and eggs.
- Add the flour and baking powder, stir, then add the milk.
- Mix well& fold in the lemon juice and apple mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot shortening (or make into little cakes& fry in a pan like pancakes) and fry until browned, crispy and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot sprinkled with powdered sugar& cinnamon.
- Serves about 4; number of fritters depends on the size.