Vicky Bryant's Note:
Recipe posted by the Malaysian Tourism Department. Found on the internet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into 6-8 pieces.
- 2Grind together garlic, ginger, chillies, poppy seeds, cashew nuts and almonds.
- 3Heat ghee and fry cloves, cinnamon, shallots.
- 4Add in the chicken pieces, 1 tsp salt, ground ingredients and curry powder.
- 5Stir to mix and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- 6Extract 1-2 cups coconut milk from coconut.
- 7Add in salt.
- 8Mixed with washed rice and cook it.
- 9When the rice has absorbed all the milk, make a well in the center and put the chicken mixture.
- 10Cover and allow rice to cook over very low fire.
Nutritional Facts for Beriani
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1090.6
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 205.2 mg
- Sodium 1348.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 53.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: