Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe posted by the Malaysian Tourism Department. Found on the internet
Make and share this Beriani recipe from Food.com.
- 1 chicken (about 900gms)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 2 chilies
- 1⁄2 coconut, grated
- 5 to taste ginger
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 5 cloves
- 5 to taste cinnamon sticks
- 10 cashew nuts
- 10 almonds
- 450 g long-grain rice
- Cut chicken into 6-8 pieces.
- Grind together garlic, ginger, chillies, poppy seeds, cashew nuts and almonds.
- Heat ghee and fry cloves, cinnamon, shallots.
- Add in the chicken pieces, 1 tsp salt, ground ingredients and curry powder.
- Stir to mix and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Extract 1-2 cups coconut milk from coconut.
- Add in salt.
- Mixed with washed rice and cook it.
- When the rice has absorbed all the milk, make a well in the center and put the chicken mixture.
- Cover and allow rice to cook over very low fire.