1/3 Photos of Bergy Dim Sum #9, SteamedRice Bundles with Chicken and mushrooms
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
With any Dim Sum meal you always have some form of rice. Other sticky rice recipes would also be good. These steamed rice bundles go well with any Chinese meal. The rice is sticky and very flavorful from the other ingredients
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 30 min,reserve 1 1/2 cup of the soaking water
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced finely
- 8 ounces pork, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water (saved from soaking the dry mushrooms)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- bamboo leaves or corn husks or lotus leaves or aluminum foil
- string (for tying the bundles)
- 1Put rice ia a saucepan cover with the 4 cups of water, add light soy sauceand 1 teasp of sesame oil.
- 2Bring to boil quickly, then turn heat to low cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3While the rice cooks soak the mushrooms in very hot water for 30 minutes (remember to save 1 1/2 cups of the soaking water).
- 4Cut off the mushroom stems and discard, slice the caps and put them in a saucepan with 3/4 cup of the soaking water, the dark soysauce and 2 teasp sesame oil.
- 5Add chicken and pork to the saucepan along with the garlic, ginger and salt.
- 6Add up to 1/2 cup of the mushroom water and mix the ingredients.
- 7Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Thicken gravy with the cornstarch (mix cornstarch with a little cold water or mushroom water before adding to the saucepan).
- 9Cook until gravy has thickened.
- 10Let the mixture cool and then gently mix with the cooked rice.
- 11Take 3/4 cup portions and place on the wrap of your choice.
- 12Wrap very securely and tie with string to ensure the bundle will not leak (if using tinfoil you do not need string but wrap and double fold all seams).
- 13Steam for 25 minutes.
- 14Serve warm, cold or reheated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bergy Dim Sum #9, SteamedRice Bundles with Chicken and mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 707.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 19.8 g