Recipe by Bergy
Moo Shoo should be served with Mandarin Pancakes (Bergy Dim Sum #7). You just put a teaspoon full in a pancake roll and mmm. eat. You can also serve this with lettuce leaves!!
Top Review by ~Leanne~
This is my favorite whenever I go to a Chinese restuarant so this wasn't even a question if we were going to make them or not. We did make the pancakes with it as well, I think using chicken or shrimp in this would be wonderful too. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 lb lean pork, shredded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 9 tablespoons oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 mushrooms, chopped (0r traditionally you should use dried tree ears, soaked for 20 minutes, drained and stemed)
- 2 scallions or 2 shallots or 2 green onions, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pork with the soy sauce and rest.
- Put 6 tbsp of oil in a skillet and heat to very hot.
- Pour in the eggsand stir fry until set.
- Remove eggs to a platter and cut into thin strips.
- Add remaining oil to pan, heat.
- Add pork, mushrooms, scallions (or shallot or green onion).
- Stir fry until pork is cooked.
- Add egg and sugar mix well, serve hot.