These are tasty tid bits to serve with cocktails or just as an appetizer. I usually make them every Christmas and freeze them to have on hand for company. This is not my original recipe and I can't remember where I got it but I'm glad I did find it!I like to use Spring Roll wrap instead of Won ton wrap it has a lighter texture. Serve with a nice peppy sauce like Sweet Thai chili sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh-pressed garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 small hot green chili peppers or 3 small red chili peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes, grated peel of
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lb fresh crab (or artificial crab)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages wonton wrappers
- 1Combine all the ingredients (except Wonton Wraps).
- 2Place a small amount of filling in the centre of each wrap (about a tsp).
- 3Fold one corner of each square across to the opposite corner, making a triangle.
- 4Use a little water on the end of your finger to seal.
- 5Bring the two side points of the triangle up together to meet in front leaving the third tip in place.
- 6Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake in 425 degree oven (220C degrees) for about 20 min or until they are puffed and golden.
- 8The Crab bits may now be frozen and stored until you want to use them and then just heat them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 min and serve.
- 9You may also freeze them before you bake them (this is what I like to do) thaw unbaked wontons before baking.
- 10Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 min utes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bergy Dim Sum #3, Baked Wonton Crab Bits
Serving Size: 1 (1629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 88.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: