This recipe produces a delicious, moist, tender bird. It is important that you marinate the bird for the full 24 hours.
- 1 -2 pheasant (One for every 2 people)
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh pressed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (you can use more but it gets heavy)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- Skin the pheasant and wash.
- Put pheasant in a large bowl with the salt and cover with cold water.
- Soak at least an hour.
- Then discard the brine solution.
- Cut pheasant into 4 pieces.
- Mix Marinade ingredients in a large zip lock bag (big enought to hold the pheasant pieces).
- Put pheasant pieces into the zip lock bag and put into the fridge.
- Marinate for 24 hours.
- Turn the bag every time you open the fridge.
- Discard the marinade.
- Put a 1/2 cup of water in your crockpot with the pheasant pieces.
- You may want to add a little more water while cooking if it goes dry (A nice touch is to use a dry white wine instead of the water or mix Wine and water 1/2 and 1/2).
- cook on low for at least 5 hours.