Recipe by Chocolatl
The secret this recipe is advance preparation. It needs to be made at least 4 hours in advance, and the dressing should stand for two hours before being added to the salad. From the Berghoff Family Cookbook. Prep time includes chilling time and standing time (for the dressing). Can be served hot, cold or at room temperature.
Top Review by All-ways cooking
This recipe is outstanding! Apple cider vinegar is the ingredient to make this recipe pop. I am asked to make this time and time again...how can I refuse! Thank you Chocolatl !
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup minced sweet onion
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 large white potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut in 1/4-inch slices (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup cooked chopped applewood-smoked bacon (3 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Cover and let stand for at least 2 hours.
- Gently toss hot potatoes with bacon and scallions.
- Stir in dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve warm, heat in microwave.