Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 lbs round steaks (Boneless, Round steak should be cut into thin strips.)
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, Chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, Sliced
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 cups beef broth, Canned/Homemade
- 1 cup white wine, Dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large frypan.
- Brown meat over medium-high heat.
- Remove browned meat.
- In remaining butter, saute onion for 2 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and add flour.
- Slowly add beef broth; cook until thickened.
- Stir in wine and seasonings.
- Add meat and mushroom mixture.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, until meat is tender.
- Serve with buttered noodles or dumplings.
How in the world has this lovely recipe languished untried for eleven years? I'm honored to be the first to review it. Except for adding a bit of garlic powder, we made it exactly as written, and served it over noodles. It's absolutely delicious! This is going right into my standard recipe rotation. Great recipe, thanks for posting!