Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 lbs chicken, cut in serving piece
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or 4 ounces shredded gjetost cheese
- fresh parsley, , chopped (to garnish)
- Remove skin from chicken; rub with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in large skillet with melted butter.
- Brown on all sides.
- Pour broth over browned chicken.
- Add sherry.
- Cover, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Use slotted spoon to place cooked chicken on a platter, keep warm.
- Add ¼ cup chopped parsley and cream to drippings in pan.
- Simmer, cook and stir sauce until about 1 cup remains and has a glazed appearance.
- Stir in cheese only until melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Absolutely wonderful. I did this for my family for easter and it was a huge hit.