Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a hodgepodge of ideas that I've gotten from other people when they have made chile con queso. I've tried to make chile con queso with other ingredients, many different times and in many different ways. After many trials I have decided that this version is the best and easiest. I use this recipe very often. I most recently took it to a Fourth of July Potluck Party. It's very good for large parties and is "idiot proof." I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic
- 1 (2 lb) package Velveeta cheese
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, hot, fire roasted
- 6 ounces water
- 6 ounces milk
- tortilla chips
- Dice Velveeta cheese.
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low for about one hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- When all ingredients are mixed well it's ready to serve.