Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. From Barry Vera on sbs.com.au. Moroccan cuisine. Fresh coriander is aka cilantro.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Flavors of the Middle East done up in a light, fluffy omelette, so different and so good, I cut it way back as there are only 2 of us, but that's the only change I made. Still had a fairly large, thick and fluffy omelette that we WILL be having again.
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 10 tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat your tagine on the stove and add some olive oil with the onion and cook slowly for about 5 minutes, add the spices and cook for a further 3 minutes, this releases the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander then simmer for about 10-15 minutes, make sure you stir occasionally and reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Remove from the heat and pour the beaten eggs over the sauce, cover with the tagine lid and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until it lightly puffs and sets.
- To serve, season well and drizzle with a little olive oil.