Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (NA*ME/Tunisia).
- 4.92 ml coriander seed
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g carrot, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- Heat a dry frying pan until hot, add the coriander and caraway seeds and cook for 1 minute, shaking the pan from time to time, until fragrant.
- Transfer the spices to a plate and allow to cool then crush to a powder using a mortar and pestle.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan, add the carrots and sauté gently for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly browned all over.
- Add the ground spices and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and salt and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring from time to time , until the carrots are tender. Serve hot or at room temperature.
These are great! A nice and simple way to spice up a traditional cooked carrot side. Thanks for sharing! :)
These were super! I'm going salt-free and the carrots were still wonderful without any!<br/>Thanks,AZ! Made for ZWT9 Soup-a-Stars
These tasty carrots were the bomb. They were so good. We really enjoyed the natural sweetness of the carrotes. Loved the spice combination, who knew that those spices would taste so wonderful together, we really enjoyed the flavor that the roasted spices imparted, they were easy to grind with my motar and pestle. Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will be enjoying for a long time to come AZPARZYCH.