Recipe by Scarlett516
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog. Time does not include the 4 hour rise.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, soaked in 1 cup rum overnight
- 1 slice almonds, for the top
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Butter Rum Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- rum from the raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Liberally grease a Bundt pan with butter and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, vanilla, honey, orange zest, and apple pie spice. Mix well.
- Slowly beat in the flour.
- Add the yeast and salt.
- Beat with paddle attachment on a stand mixer at medium speed for about 15 minutes.
- Fold in the raisins, reserving the rum for the sauce.
- Stick the almonds to the inside of the Bundt pan, pour the dough into the pan, cover, and allow to rise for about 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Bake for about 55-60 minutes. When the bread is almost done baking, combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Poke hols in the bread with toothpicks.
- Pour the sauce over the bread while both are still warm.
- Loosen the bread from the pan with a butter knife, but let the bread cool completely before removing.
- Turn out onto a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar before serving.