Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is a quick work night dinner we throw together when we are busy. Tasty and healthy, but best of all, my family will eat it! :) I usually grab a mixed fresh bag of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots when time is short and steam it 3/4 of the way through the rice ( times depend on your individual steamer - mine takes 50 minutes for long grain brown rice so I time the rest of mel accordingly). Brown rice is definitely a heathy choice, a little nutty or firmer in texture, but give them this flavorful dish and they will gulp down the rice and those dreaded veggies! **Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze with Honey and Pineapple** is what gives this recipe the ease and flavor.
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli and cauliflower mix (with carrots)
- 6 ounces kikkoman teriyaki baste and glaze, with honey and pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam rice accoring to directions for your steamer. (I use a Krups with multiple bastes so 3/4 way through I can add my veggie basket to steam).
- As rice steams half way through time, grill your chicken breasts.
- When rice is 3/4 of the way cooked, steam your vegetables (at this point, chicken should be almost done).
- Baste chicken with teriyaki glaze, turning once and repeating.
- Remove from heat and allow meat to rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate rice, vegetables and sliced chicken breast.
- Drizzle additional teriyaki sauce as desired.