Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from a bento box lunch offered from a local Japanese restaurant.
- 1⁄2 lb salmon, sliced into four pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 celery, sliced into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper to make sauce. Add sliced onion, carrot and celery to the sauce and mix again.
- Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cornstarch over the seasoned salmon, 1 tsp per side.
- Grease a skillet and cook salmon on med-high heat. Cook about 3-4 minutes each side until well done.
- Place hot salmon in the sauce.
- Store salmon in refrigerator overnight. .
- Serve with 1 cup white Japanese rice per person.