Prep 16 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaptation on another recipe on recipezaar. I didnt like the onion in the other recipe and it wasnt cheezy enough. Using low fat ingredients also cuts the guilty conscience
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 500 g minced beef or 500 g minced chicken
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (or 180C).
- MEAT- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan, add your mince meat.
- Cook mince meat until browned.
- Add taco seasoning, follow the instructions on the packet (normally you just stir it through).
- CHEEZY MIXTURE- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, salt, pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir cheese mixture for about a minute to ensure it is properly mixed through.
- PIZZA MIX- Combine the ketchup and pizza sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir with a teaspoon.
- ASSEMBLY- Lightly grease an oven tray or a roasting pan.
- To make an enchilida- place the tortilla on a plate, with a teaspoon dab the meat mixture and cheese mixture and add shredded cheese along the middle of the tortilla like so-> (|).
- Fold the tortilla over- one side over the other- to make the flaps stick, put a small dab of pizza sauce on the flap.
- Move the enchilida to the greased tray.
- Continue to do this, you should get 4- 5 per tray.
- Once you have a full tray, smear the top of each enchilida with pizza sauce and then top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in your oven at 350oF or 185oC for 15-20 minutes- the ends may get a bit crispy but thats okay!
- Let it cool for two minutes, serve& enjoy!