Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe I once found. It's great and very tasty
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 500 g chicken breast fillets
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 375 ml evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- Cut chicken breast fillet into cubes.
- Heat oil in large saucepan (for about 30 seconds) Add chicken breast fillet, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tandoori paste and tomato paste.
- Stir tandoori and tomato paste into chicken until its coated, you will notice the chicken is colored a nice red.
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar and cornflour in a bowl.
- Once you have stirred the bowl, add contents to saucepan.
- Stir contents of saucepan while bringing to boil.
- Simmer saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Cook white rice in a seperate small saucepan.
- Add butter, stir until melted.
- Serve butter chicken on a bed of rice and garnish with almonds and coriander leaves on top.