Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My boyfriend and I came up with this when we had a lot of spaghetti fixings leftover, it's one of my favorite dishes now!!
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (12 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- desired pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a glass lasagna pan, mix spagetthi sauce and pizza sauce on the bottom, only a little bit so the noodles don’t stick.
- Pour in boiled spaghetti with a little oil on it.
- Coat with remaining spaghetti and pizza sauce to cover noodles completely.
- Next apply generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add pizza toppings, and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Cover in tinfoil and bake 10-15 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and bake until cheese is golden brown.
I made this a while back, and didn't realize that I hadn't reviewed it until I came back today looking for the recipe. Obviously, since I'm making it again, we enjoyed it. :) I cut the recipe in half & used regular spaghetti since I didn't have any whole wheat on hand. I added pepperoni & mushrooms. I'll be making it the same way again tonight... it was great!
Many years ago, in one of my other lives, I had the privilege of living with an Italian family. Pasta was a staple, and it was cooked every which way. One of the recipes I enjoyed ever so much was a dish the Italian family affectionately called "Roman Holiday", made from left over pasta, sauce, and additional pasta (usually rigatoni, or tubetti)... I remember it so well because of the copius quantity of mozzarella and provalone cheese.... Your recipe for Ben's Baked Spaghetti reminds me fondly of those "pasta days". This is a quick, tasty, and welcome comfort food. I served Ben's Bakes Spaghetti to my visiting relatives. They left nary a crumb... Thank you yet again controlled freak, you are a good adoptee. Toolie