Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe - I think it was from a Bed and Breakfast site.
Orange Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 large eggs
- 4 slices rich egg bread or 4 slices brioche bread, toasted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 3 ounces sliced smoked salmon or 3 ounces lox
- orange slice, garnish
- fresh mint sprig, garnish
- In a large metal bowl, whisk together egg, lemon juice and orange rind over a pan of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in butter until sauce is smooth and well blended.
- It will be rather thin while warm, but will thicken as it cools slightly.
- Crack eggs into shallow pan of boiling water.
- Poach until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Spread with cream cheese.
- Top with the salmon.
- Place on plate.
- Top with 2 eggs per serving.
- Spoon sauce over.
- Serve with oranges and mint or parsley.