Prep 8 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great new way to prepare your turkey,
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (9 lb) turkey breast
- Bring first 16 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Place turkey in a large shallow dish; pour marinade over turkey. Cover and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove turkey from marinade, reserving marinade. Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Set aside.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Bake turkey at 325° for 3 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into turkey breast registers 170°, basting occasionally with marinade.
- Note: Marinade may be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 weeks ahead.