Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is worth the extra time it takes to marinate chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- add last eight ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into a plastic bag and add chicken. put in fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour but up to 24 hours. the longer you marinate the better the taste and more tender the chicken.
- While chicken is marinating, slice onions and mushrooms and cook your bacon. Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter and hickory smoke flavor for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are transparent but not brown and mushrooms are tender. Remove chicken from marinade, and grill for about 10 minutes. Do not overcook chicken. While grilling, preheat oven on broil. After chicken is done, remove from grill and place in a shallow baking dish. Cover each breast with a strip of bacon, then provolone cheese, then some sautéed onions and mushrooms. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.