This is the best onion soup recipe i've tasted. Truly gourmet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions in butter and oil until onions are transparent, but not well browned.
- 2When tender, turn heat to lowest point and sprinkle with flour, stirring vigorously.
- 3Pour into Dutch oven and stir in broths.
- 4Heat thoroughly and divide among 8 oven-proof bowls.
- 5Mix equal parts of cheese to smooth paste and spread over bread.
- 6Float a slice ofbread atop each serving.
- 7Place all bowls on oven rack 4" from broiler heat and broil until cheese melts.
- 8Serve at once.
- 9Leftover soup freezes well up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bennigan's Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 1308.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.2 g