Bennigan's Hot Bacon Dressing
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until the onions start to blacken. While the onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey, pepper sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk well. After the onions have caramelized, add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Add the water, vinegar, pepper sauce, honey and cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix.
- Continue stirring until mix thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and store in refrigerator until needed.
- To reheat use a double boiler.