Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one reason to go to Bennigan's if you are a bacon fan. Dressing can't get any better than this.
- 1⁄4 lb red onion, dice fine
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until the onions start to blacken. While the onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey, pepper sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk well. After the onions have caramelized, add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Add the water, vinegar, pepper sauce, honey and cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix.
- Continue stirring until mix thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and store in refrigerator until needed.
- To reheat use a double boiler.
How much bacon grease for this recipe?