Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 ounces sliced swiss cheese (4 slices)
- 4 ounces sliced cooked turkey (4 slices)
- 8 slices firm white bread
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of turkey on each of 4 bread slices.
- In pie plate beat eggs, milk, and dry soup mix until well blended.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, spooning onion pieces onto bread.
- Make sure all egg mixture is used.
- Place butter in 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Set in oven a couple of minutes to melt butter.
- Carefully place sandwiches in pan and drizzle any remaining egg mixture over them.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn sandwiches and continue baking until golden brown.
Good recipe! I ended up putting the oven on broil to get it nice and crispy on top. LOVE the ingredients - may just fry in pan next time!
I just had a Bennigan's Monte Cristo sandwich and this recipe is not it. It is dipped in a tempora batter and deep fried. Dusted with powdered sugar and served with raspberry perserves. Where did this come from?
Thank you so much for proiding this recipe.