Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spotted this one in Women's Day magazine
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup irish brown ale
- 1 package white sauce mix, whisked with
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- chopped scallion, garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, garnish
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until lightly browned and soft.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add ale, white sauce mixture and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add shrimp and reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2- 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add shrimp and sauce and toss to mix and coat.
- When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.
excellent!! very easy to make, I didnt have white sauce mix so i made it from scratch and it was terrific!!!