Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spotted this one in Women's Day magazine
Make and share this Bennigan's Ale House Shrimp and Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup irish brown ale
- 1 package white sauce mix, whisked with
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- chopped scallion, garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, garnish
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until lightly browned and soft.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add ale, white sauce mixture and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add shrimp and reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2- 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add shrimp and sauce and toss to mix and coat.
- When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.
excellent!! very easy to make, I didnt have white sauce mix so i made it from scratch and it was terrific!!!