Recipe by Oolala
Bennett's was a seafood market in Westhampton Beach, NY. I found this recipe from the old market in one of my cookbooks.
Top Review by Bergy
East great flavored recipe. I increased the garlic, used a South African Chrdonney. Served as an appitizer with a Martini Mmmmm. with whole grain baguette for dippers. I am able to get New Zealand frozen Mussels - they work well
- 3 dozen fresh mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash shells and remove the bysus thread.
- In a large saucepan put the olive oil over 300 degrees heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are soft but not brown.
- Remove and discard the garlic, then add the mussels and wine.
- Cover and cook until the shells open (about 5 minutes).
- Serve the liquid as a dipping and dunking sauce.
- Do not eat any of the unopened mussels.