1/3 Photos of Bennett's Mussels
Bennett's was a seafood market in Westhampton Beach, NY. I found this recipe from the old market in one of my cookbooks.
My Private Note
dozen m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash shells and remove the bysus thread.
- 2In a large saucepan put the olive oil over 300 degrees heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are soft but not brown.
- 3Remove and discard the garlic, then add the mussels and wine.
- 4Cover and cook until the shells open (about 5 minutes).
- 5Serve the liquid as a dipping and dunking sauce.
- 6Do not eat any of the unopened mussels.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bennett's Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 415.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.4 g