Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came out of Southern Living many years ago. I haven't seen any recipes like it on Recipezaar. Prep time includes 1 hour chill time for the dough.
- Cook sesame seeds in a heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Stir in sesame seeds, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into butter mixture. Cover dough, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape into 1/2-inch balls; place on lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/16-inch thickness with floured fingers or a flat-bottomed glass.
- Bake at 325 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.