Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Very easy to make and tastes like it was made at Caribana!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons jamaican curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons scotch bonnet pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Peel potatoes, then dice. The smaller you dice the thicker the sauce will be in the end.
- Heat oil on medium heat in pot and add garlic until you can smell aroma, then add scotch bonnet pepper.
- Add chicken to pot, stir to brown slightly then add chicken boullion, stir until dissolved.
- Add remaining spices, mix until chicken is coated.
- Add water and potatoes, mix well.
- Cover pot and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Remove cover and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes then remove from heat and let stand. The longer is stands the thicker the sauce gets.
- When you get the consistancy you want serve over rice!