Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Heart-Healthy Living by BH&G, Winter 2008.
Top Review by rpgaymer
This was good dip that was easy to throw together. I used fresh crushed garlic instead of the powder, and eyeballed the rest of the ingredients. I probably used way more than a 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning, and it did not come out tasting overly seasoned. I also added chopped jalapenos, green onion and cilantro. With the pintos, this tastes like a lighter version of refried beans. The flavor improves a lot when served warm/hot, I thought.
ZIPPY ZONYA MEXI SEASONING MIX (makes 3 Tbsp)
- 24.64 ml chili powder
- 19.71 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml cumin seed (optional)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 354.88 ml edamame, measured after cooked and shelled or 425.24 g canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 78.07 ml bottled salsa
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 1.23 ml Mexican seasoning (Zippy Zonya Mexi Seasoning Mix)
CHIPS FOR DIPPING
- multi-grain tortilla chips, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE ZIPPY ZONYA MEXI SEASONING MIX:.
- Combine all spices listed. (Leftover spice may be stored in a plastic self-sealing bag for up to 1 month.) The bean dip uses 1/4 teaspoon.
- PREPARE BEAN DIP:.
- In a food processor combine edamane, salsa, green onion, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon Zippy Zonya Mexi Seasoning Mix.
- Cover and process until mixture is smooth.
- SERVE DIP WITH CHIPS:.
- Serve with multi-grain tortilla chips.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.