Entered for safe-keeping. From Heart-Healthy Living by BH&G, Winter 2008.
Make and share this Benito Bean Dip With Zippy Zonya Mexi Mix recipe from Food.com.
ZIPPY ZONYA MEXI SEASONING MIX (makes 3 Tbsp)
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups edamame, measured after cooked and shelled or 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup bottled salsa
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mexican seasoning (Zippy Zonya Mexi Seasoning Mix)
CHIPS FOR DIPPING
- multi-grain tortilla chips, for dipping
- PREPARE ZIPPY ZONYA MEXI SEASONING MIX:.
- Combine all spices listed. (Leftover spice may be stored in a plastic self-sealing bag for up to 1 month.) The bean dip uses 1/4 teaspoon.
- PREPARE BEAN DIP:.
- In a food processor combine edamane, salsa, green onion, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon Zippy Zonya Mexi Seasoning Mix.
- Cover and process until mixture is smooth.
- SERVE DIP WITH CHIPS:.
- Serve with multi-grain tortilla chips.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.