Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a copycat of the Benihana Vegetable Mix Saute.
Make and share this Benihana Vegetable Mix Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 cups green beans or 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower or 2 cups cabbage
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 15 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Pour all Teriyaki sauce ingredients in a pan. Stir the mixture well.
- Put the pan on low heat and simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and cool the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or flat grill until very hot and stir-fry the first four vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Add spring onions, bean sprouts, and mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, seasonings, and Teriyaki Sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy.
Stir fried veggies in teriyaki sauce, full of flavor and colour! I added 2 tsp corn starch to the teriyaki sauce and subbed red pepper for cauliflower. Delicious!