Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe of a dish at Benihana's. Serve each parchment or foil envelope along with rice.
Top Review by Rinshinomori
I cut the recipe to serve 2 and the amount reduced for 2 servings would serve 4 . The taste was good with all the wonderful vegetables being represented and miso taste came through very nicely. Next time I make this I would skip the last part of enclosing veggies in paper. It would help to add oil in the ingredients for stir frying. Thank you Celticevergreen for posting this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, broken into florets and blanched
- 1⁄2 small cauliflower, broken into florets and blanched
- 1⁄4 small cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 cups green beans
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 15 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sheets nori, cut into julienne strips
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or flat grill until very hot and stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Prepare 4 parchment or aluminum foil papillotes (envelopes).
- In a small bowl, stir together miso paste, sugar, rice wine or sherry and soy sauce until smooth.
- Place grilled vegetables in the center half of each opened papillotes heart. Brush the miso mixture over the grilled vegetables and top with seawood and scallions.
- Seal the packages and place them in the frying pan or on the grill. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the packages are puffed.
- Transfer to plates and let each diner open his or her own package.