- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1 cup mirin (sweet cooking sake)
- 5 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons apple juice (or juice from 1 freshly squeezed apple)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients in saucepan and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in dissolved cornstarch solution until mixed well.
- Stir completely before serving.
- Sauce may be stored in refrigerator for up to one week.
- Great for steaks or poultry.