Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Benihana Japanese Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Cook rice following instructions on package (Bring 2 cups water to a boil, add rice and a dash of salt, reduce heat and simmer in covered saucepan for 20 minutes).
- Pour rice into a large bowl to let it cool in the refrigerator.
- Scramble the eggs in a small pan over medium heat.
- Separate the scrambled chunks of egg into small pea-size bits while cooking.
- When rice has cooled to near room temperature, add peas, grated carrot, scrambled egg and diced onion to the bowl.
- Carefully toss all of the ingredients together.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium/high heat.
- When butter has completely melted, dump the bowl of rice and other ingredients into the pan and add soy sauce plus a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook rice for 6-8 minutes over heat, stirring often.
I decided to make this tonight since I had some leftover beef that I could add and make a quick one dish meal. I was delighted that it was so easy to make and tasted great! I used basmati rice and green onions, light butter and a bit more soy sauce than called for. Will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!
Good simple fried rice. Carrot must be precooked or cut in very small pieces (instructions suggest grated?) to cook through in such a short time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Great rice, but NOT the Benihana recipe - their TRUE secret is adding garlic to the butter before bringing it to your table, in fact it is best to make it and let it sit in the freezer for a while. I have the real recipe, but I definitely don't feel like posting it here...this is close though, just add garlic for near perfection in rice technology!